If your kids aren’t the reading type, we’ve totally got you covered.
Audible, the audiobook marketplace, has made it easy for their imaginations to still run wild and get their story time on by opening up Audible Stories, an audio library providing stories for kids.
These kids stories can be streamed and listened to on a multitude of devices, laptop, mobile phone, tablets or desktop computer at stories.audible.com.
The audiobooks are divided into categories:
- Littlest listeners
- Literary classics
- Folk & fairy tales.
The audiobooks are available in multiple languages to make sure more bases are covered, including Spanish, Italian, Japanese, German, and French.
Some of the titles are even narrated by celebrities such as Thandie Newton for “Jane Eyre”, and getting Dan Stevens for “Frankenstein”.
A short list of story titles include:
- A.A. Milne’s “Winnie the Pooh”
- “Timeless Tales of Beatrix Potter”
- Lewis Carroll’s “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”
- “Grimm’s Fairy Stories”
- Charlotte Brontë’s “Jane Eyre”
- Emily Brontë’s “Wuthering Heights”
- Herman Melville’s “Moby Dick”
- Jules Verne’s “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea”
- Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein”
- Willa Cather’s “My Ántonia”
If you know of any other places offering stories for kids, or have tips that others could find useful, feel free to send them our way using the contact form on the Share with Us Page.