It is important for kids to be reading AT LEAST 20 minutes a day. Not only are they practicing their reading skill, they are improving their vocabulary, grammar, and expanding their world view. But getting kids excited about reading can be hard! Typically the reasons kids don’t want to read is because they:
- Don’t like the books they are being offered
- The books they are reading are not in their reading level
- They don’t see reading as fun
Create a culture of reading by making an event out of it and reading great books together. Here are fantastic book lists for kids by grade level to launch your kids on their own reading adventure.
Book Recommendations by Grade Level
- Kindergarten Books to Read by Themselves
- Kindergarten Read Alouds
- 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 1st Grade Read Aloud Picture Books
- 1st Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Book Series for 1st-3rd Grade
- 2nd Grade Reading List
- 2nd Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- 3rd Grade Reading List
- 4th Grade Book List
- 5th Grade Reading List
This list was brought to you by 123homeschool4me.com. They are an excellent resource for all things activity, education, and fun for kids!
If you know of or have resources or tips that others could find useful, feel free to send them our way using the contact form on the Share with Us Page.