Nearly everyone has picked up a new hobby in the last few months. Whether that was banana bread, puzzles, or adding points to their cooking stats, has made the best of their time at home.
Many companies and websites have stepped up during this time to provide valuable resources for people to enjoy while at home. With everyone coming to the table with resources it may become cumbersome to keep track of them all.
So here is a list of websites and services offering services for free and a couple that will require a subscription. Huge thank you to RefSeek.com for putting this amazing list together!
Educational Video Sites
Here 25 of the best online resources for finding free educational videos. With the exception of BrainPOP and Cosmeo, all listed sites offer their extensive video libraries for free and most without registration.
- Alison Standards-based education material covering a broad range of subjects.
- Amazon Education Amazon Inspire is a free service for the discovery of digital educational material.
- Big Think Video interviews with 600+ thought leaders in a range of fields.
- Brightstorm Short-form online video lessons by professional educators. Free math lessons.
- CosmoLearning Aggregator of free, online video lessons and documentaries.
- Coursera Lectures taught by world-class professors and reinforced through interactive exercises.
- EdX Courses designed specifically for interactive study via the web.
- FutureLearn Offers a diverse selection of courses from leading European universities.
- GCFLearn Free online courses teaching basic life skills, technology, literacy, and math.
- Howcast Professional and user-generated how-to videos.
- Internet Archive Collection of more than two-hundred thousand free historical and academic videos.
- iTunes U Free lectures, language lessons, audiobooks, and more accessible via Apple iTunes.
- Khan Academy Self-paced learning with extensive video library, interactive challenges, and assessments.
- Learner.org Professionally developed programming for K-12 classrooms by Annenberg Media.
- Math TV Professional video lessons in mathematics. Covers basic math through calculus.
- MIT Open CourseWare Lectures and course materials for students, teachers, and self-learners.
- NeoK12 Aggregator of high-quality educational videos from around the Web.
- Open Yale Courses Free access to a selection of introductory Yale courses.
- OpenMD Medical Video Directory Guide to the best sources of free medical videos, including procedures, operations, and lectures.
- PBS Video Free videos from your favorite PBS programs, including NOVA and Frontline
- SchoolsWorld Engaging, professional videos and practical resources for educator development.
- SchoolTube Video sharing platform for schools featuring original content created by students.
- Snag Films Library of free, full-length documentary films.
- TeacherTube Online aggregator of educational videos.
- TED Fascinating presentations by the world’s leading thinkers and doers.
- WatchKnowLearn Comprehensive online directory of educational videos aggregated from across the Web.
- WonderHowTo Search engine and directory of free how-to videos.
- YouTube Learning Free lectures from more than one hundred colleges and universities.
Educational Video Sites (not free)
- BrainPop Provider of original, animated educational videos. Subscription required.
- Futures Channel High quality multimedia content ideal for use in the classroom. Subscription required.
- Master Class Classes for students of all skill levels taught by instructors who are the best in their fields.
- The Great Courses Plus Fascinating lectures by some of the world’s greatest professors. Subscription required.
- Udemy Extensive library of over 42,000 courses. Some lessons available for free.
Let us know which one of these you liked the most and if there was a resource that was missed that should be on this list!
If you know of or have resources or tips that others could find useful, feel free to send them our way using the contact form on the Share with Us Page.